Sunday, November 7, 2010

missing my all-american blue rain boots

Tuesday, September 14th, 2010 - Day 33

Dear Journal,
          Why didn't I bring them?
           Getting out of bed this morning felt like moving heaven and earth. Today's going to be a rough day. the novelty of being here has completely worn off. I miss having electricity always. I miss getting a full night's sleep comfortably in my bed. And I miss taking hot showers - strong, relaxing, hot showers.
          But most of all, I miss the peace that used to come with sitting in silence. In the rare event I do get time to myself, I forget to stop smiling and breath. This is tiring well beyond anything I could have imagined. Forgetting there was no electricity again, I went to heat up some hot water for my morning cup of tea. By the time I remembered this, my host sister Ann spotted me. And somehow I've managed to send an old lady to a neighbor's home to boil me some water. Did I mention it was raining cats and dogs? I'd love for nothing more than to be left alone today just so I can recuperate. Every time I am alone, I feel as though I should be mingling. What to do?

searching for only a moment's pause,
xo xo m

No comments:

Post a Comment